Monthly Assistance Program—MAP
For more information on other payment options, contact Customer Service at 1-800-624-2019MAP is an income-based, budget program that provides qualifying customers with a reduced budget from October 1 – September 30. While enrolled and making monthly payments, you will receive a credit each month. You may also be eligible to receive relief for any current balance.
Program benefits include:
- Reduced monthly budget payment
- Past due balances may be reduced
- Service is protected from disconnection
- No late fees while enrolled
- No large balance to pay at the end of the program*
*Budget amount is based on previous years’ consumption and assumes no significant changes in usage.
Ending balances may exist in the event energy consumption patterns change or other factors impact projected future bills.
Program eligibility criteria:
- Household income must be less than or equal to 150% of Federal Poverty Level guidelines.
- SEMCO account must have a past due balance
- Complete and signed MAP application
- Copy of proof of income dated within the last 30 days for all household members
- If paystubs are provided, 30 days’ worth is required (Ex. 4 if paid weekly, 2 if paid bi-weekly)
- Copy of the account holders:
- Social Security Card
- Picture ID
- Proof of residency, if not provided on photo ID (Ex. cable bill, non-SEMCO bill)
Contact SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company at 1-800-624-2019 for additional details.